Well.. First of all I must say that I don;t know how legal all this is… On the other hand I do have all the licenses, but my extension supplier (InterAkt) has been taken over by Adobe and don’t provide support on the extensions anymore.
I really learnt to love them, I cannot do without them.
So here’s how it works:
- Create a directory-structure where you are going to store all the files to be transferred. For example
- D:DW8TransferProgram Files
- D:DW8TransferProgram FilesCommon Files
- D:DW8TransferwindowsprofilesAll Users
- start regedit and export the key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Macromedia
- Save the file as D:DW8Transfermacromedia.reg
- Copy the folder Macromedia from C:Program Files to D:DW8TransferProgram Files
- Copy the folder Macromed from C:WindowsSystem32 to D:DW8Transferwindowssystem32 (yes Macromed and not Macromedia)
- Copy the folder Macromedia from C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication Data to D:DW8TransferwindowsprofilesAll Users
- Copy the folder Macromedia from C:Program FilesCommon Files to D:DW8TransferProgram FilesCommon Files
- Copy the contents of the D:DW8Transfer folder into the C: drive of your new machine. All stuff should get copied into the correct folders on the target filesystem.
- Import the reg file on the target machine.
You should be able to run Dreamweaver now.