After creating this function I realized it also can be used to move up and down in the tabular form using the arrow keys. And I decided to create a Plug-In around it.
The Plug-In can be called from a Page Load dynamic action. No settings are needed.
The actions will execute on any text, date, and select item in a tabular form. Checkboxes are not yet supported.
The available function keys are:
- [Up] move up to previous row
- [Down] move down to next row
- [Ctrl] + [Down] copy content of current cell to cell below and set focus to this cell
- [Ctrl] + [Up] copy content of current cell to cell above and set focus to this cell
- [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [C] copy content of current cell to cell below and set focus to this cell ( needed for Select items because they have another function for [Down] )
I could have included the [Right] and [Left] arrow keys but then the editing of the cell content would be affected. These keys cannot be used anymore to navigate within the content. So the keys [Tab] and [Shift][Tab] can be used to go to the next and previous item in the row.
As always this plugin can be downloaded from apex.world.
Source Article from http://dickdral.blogspot.com/2017/09/adding-bit-of-excel-to-tabular-forms.html