Nothing to do with APEX, but I really don’t want to forget this.

As you might know, I’m a big fan of the command prompt. I’ve been using 4DOS/4NT/Take Command for years.

These products are sold by a company called JP Software. But now they also have a free-ware product, which suffices for most of my work.

To get a “Command Prompt here” after a right-click on a folder in Windows Explorer I did this:

  1. Installed TCC/LE (downloaded here)
  2. Opened my reg-editor and went to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Classes/Folder/Shell
  3. Created a key called “Command Prompt”
  4. Set the default string to “&Take Command LE”
  5. Created a new key within the “Command Prompt” key called “command”
  6. Set the default string to
    "C:Program FilesJPSoftTCCLE12tcc.exe" cdd "%1"
  7. Ready. Changes should take effect immediately

This information was taken from another blog and adjusted for TCC/LE

Hi there,

Yesterday I installed Firefox 4 and Internet Explorer 9. Wow beautyfull browsers.. both of them.

However yesterday I allready found out that IE is not diaplaying the AnyChart charts in my Apex applications. So IE9 for now is a no go.. pitty.

Today I also found out that Firefox 4 has issues with Apex. for example getting into the application builder. So a no go there as well..

Luckily downgrading firefox is as easy as an install. So I did that and the problems immediately went away.

I will re-install both in a virtual machine to investigate further, but for now.. you are warned.

To be continued……

 

I’m a nerd. I know. I simply “love” the command-line.

For years I’ve been using 4NT and TakeCommand, registered the product years ago (www.jpsoft.com).

Now I made the switch to Windows 7 (64-bit). I still have to get used to it. Some Oracle issues on PL/SQL developer etc.

When I wanted to install my command-lines. click-click.. it worked. However it wouldn’t register to the registered product no more. 🙁

So I wrote the guys at JP-software an email. They returned the mail allmost immediately (what a service). The answer is that the product is no longer supprted under Windows 7. I can imagine that.

To my surprise there is a free alternative to my 4NT and TakeCommand command-lines. It’s called “TCC LE” and it’s from the guys at JPSoftware. Best of all.. it’s free.

So guys (and dolls offcourse): If you need a full powered commandline, please have a look at: http://www.jpsoft.com/download.htm

Wow, Richard and I have been strugling with APEX 4 on XE for hours before we came across this port:

http://www.emarcel.com/database/143-apexhttpccess

It would have saved us hours.. thanks Marcin!

<COPIED BLOG>

After default installation of Oracle APEX 3.0, remote users are not allowed to access Database home page (APEXconsole)

  • http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex
  • http://localhost:8080/apex
  • http://hostname.com:8080/apex (not allowed by default from remote location)

This is because the listener local access setting is being set to local only by default.

To set HTTP Access to allow remote connects:

exec dbms_xdb.setListenerLocalAccess (l_access => FALSE);

To set HTTP Access back to Local only:

exec dbms_xdb.setListenerLocalAccess (l_access => TRUE);

UPDATE:
Another way to set this up is to login to APEX dashboard as a sys user and navigate to: Home > Administration > Manage HTTP Access (Tasks’ list on the right side of the page) and change the settings:

</COPIED BLOG>

Regards,
Sergei

A computer on the Internet is identified by its IP address. In order to avoid address conflicts, IP addresses are publicly registered with the Network Information Centre (NIC). Computers on private TCP/IP LANs however do not need public addresses, since they do not need to be accessed by the public. For this reason, the NIC has reserved certain addresses that will never be registered publicly. These are known as private IP addresses, and are found in the following ranges:

  • From 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
  • From 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
  • From 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255

 


Well.. First of all I must say that I don;t know how legal all this is… On the other hand I do have all the licenses, but my extension supplier (InterAkt) has been taken over by Adobe and don’t provide support on the extensions anymore.

I really learnt to love them, I cannot do without them.

So here’s how it works:

  1. Create a directory-structure where you are going to store all the files to be transferred. For example
    • D:DW8Transfer
    • D:DW8TransferProgram Files
    • D:DW8TransferProgram FilesCommon Files
    • D:DW8TransferWindows
    • D:DW8TransferWindowsSystem32
    • D:DW8TransferwindowsprofilesAll Users
  2. start regedit and export the key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Macromedia
    • Save the file as D:DW8Transfermacromedia.reg
  3. Copy the folder Macromedia from C:Program Files to D:DW8TransferProgram Files
  4. Copy the folder Macromed from C:WindowsSystem32 to D:DW8Transferwindowssystem32 (yes Macromed and not Macromedia)
  5. Copy the folder Macromedia from C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication Data to D:DW8TransferwindowsprofilesAll Users
  6. Copy the folder Macromedia from C:Program FilesCommon Files to D:DW8TransferProgram FilesCommon Files
  7. Copy the contents of the D:DW8Transfer folder into the C: drive of your new machine. All stuff should get copied into the correct folders on the target filesystem.
  8. Import the reg file on the target machine.

You should be able to run Dreamweaver now.